"Love, passion, courtesy and little secrets".
The Canepa confectionery
was founded in 1862 thanks to the initiative of Antonio Canepa who, having
obtained his Diploma in Apothecary from the Royal University of Genoa, decided
to open his Drogheria - Confetteria - Pasticceria under the medieval arcades of
Piazza Garibaldi in Rapallo.
In 1930 the premises of the confectionery shop
were moved to the current location, at number 45 Piazza Garibaldi, premises that
housed the horse post of the ancient "Diligenze Postali". In 2005
Roberto, the last descendant of the family, sold the business to two young men
from Rapallo, Andrea Zino and Giovanni Garbarini, who, respecting the Tradition
that made the pastry shop famous, breathed new life into the activity.
is one of the many small family businesses that make up the fabric of Italian
excellence. Combining tradition with innovation, in 2012 Canepa was awarded De.
Co. (a municipal denomination that protects and enhances typical products) for
its historic 'cubeletti', short pastry cakes filled with quince jam.
important goal achieved is the recognition of the 1st prize in the
"Tenzone del Panettone" in 2019. Thanks to the constant search for
quality, Canepa remains a cornerstone in the promotion of typical Ligurian
products in Italy and abroad.
To buy Canepa's products visit our store online!